Protecting our Merchants and their genuine customers from fraudulent activity and detection of suspicious activity.
pipwave (an online payment fraud prevention solutions owned by Dynamic Podium) is seeking for a Fraud Prevention Lead to manage our fraud team that has analytical abilities in identifying and investigating online payment transactions that are potentially fraudulent to prevent losses to the Merchants.
This role is to act as a resource person assisting other fraud analysts. The Fraud Prevention Lead will proactively collaborate and communicate with the teams across pipwave to ensure up-to-date process flow and develop operation strategy and tools to identify and act on cases of fraud. You will help the team to study emerging fraud trends and allow pipwave to act in real-time with high caliber decision made with the use of complex data sets.
This position is based in Dynamic Podium Kuala Lumpur office.
- Ensure team members of the fraud team maintain a high level of integrity in performing job duties
- Analyze and extract relevant information from large amounts of historical data to help automate and optimize key processes
- Design, development, and evaluation of highly innovative models for predictive learning, behavior analysis, and anomaly detection
- Reviews reports and monitors payment transactions that are potentially fraudulent
- Perform ad-hoc analysis to identify trends, enhance fraud rules, and improve automation
- Compiling, analyzing, and interpreting data that guide applicable insights to make tactical decisions and/or recommendations to business
- Build and adapt the Graph Database network analysis system to find bad actors with related accounts
- Lead cross-functional initiatives to proactively detect and prevent fraud from occurring; researches and documents current procedures and processes that impact fraud.
- Researching, documenting and implementing best practices in the industry with regard to fraud prevention
- Review current fraud prevention processes to identify process and system improvements
- Diagnose problems and develop compelling, data-driven recommendations, and processes with the goal of minimizing loss and creating growth
- 3+ years of experience working on or lead a fraud prevention team with past results demonstrating your ability on tackling complicated risk challenges
- Strong working knowledge of data analysis, machine learning, and statistics
- Ability to work independently and apply analytical skills to investigate, negotiate, and resolve complex issues
- Experience in using Python, R or Matlab or other statistical/machine learning software
- Strong communication and data presentation skills
- Motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize work efforts and quickly given a short and long-term answer to solve a problem
- Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments
- Stay current and alert with the latest fraudulent activities and trends
- You are always looking for ways to improve yourself and the team
- Ability to think creatively and solve problems